Re: Windshield

To: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: Re: Windshield
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:11:00 -0400
Ben,
Any idea if the posts and bases are original to each other?
The Hundred windscreen posts and bases were produced in matched sets and
were stamped with a letter-number code (e.g. S12on left side and S15 on
right side) to identify the sets. This stamping was done on the surfaces
that face each other when assembled. If they are mixed with other ones the
results will usually be quite a poor mismatch.
This should have nothing to do with the mounting of the glass in the rubber.
If the chrome corners are assembled together and have a good tight match up,
that's about all you can do. The rest of the fitting has to be done by
adding or reducing shims between body and lower post where the bolts fasten
through.
Rich Chrysler