Re: BN7 two-for-one battery swap

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>,
Subject: Re: BN7 two-for-one battery swap
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:46:47 -0400
Jack,

Hee is what I did for my BN7.  Used the existing platform on the right side and
cut a piece of 1/4 plywood to go under the batt.  Right side in order to
"balance" the car a bit more.  Don't recall the batt size, but it came from Pep
Boys or one of the chain stores.  Take some measures down in there for its
dimensions, but as I recall the length is around 7.5, width about 6.75 and
height maybe 7.

I then welded up a hold down bracket to fit the top perimeter of the batt.
Took some 1/4 brass rod and made J-hooks to hold the bracket down.

Negative (black) cable should reach just fine but you must get the R(reverse)
batt as I remember.  You may need to have a longer + (red) cable to go to the
cutoff switch.  It will take one maybe 2 feet long.

Any Qs let me know.
Keith Pennell