RE: Jack Placement

To: "'Ned Smith'" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: RE: Jack Placement
From: healeyolic <healey6@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:34:27 -0500
The best owners manual is this list.

I have attached the relevant page from the owners manual showing the
placement of the jack for the rear wheels. Note that you will receive two
copies of this email -- one with the attachment that you will receive direct
and one without the attachment which you will receive through the list
emphasizing the fact that the list strips attachments.

I use the spring seat for the jack for the front wheels.

Never use a bumper jack unless, for some reason, you want to replace your
bumpers and brackets.

That being said, you can find reproductions of the books on eBay or through
the major suppliers. Often, an original will show up but 99% of the time
they are reproductions even though they may say original. Those of us who
have originals just will not part with them. Also you should get the
Workshop Manual from one of the major suppliers. These are reproductions and
occasionally an original will show up on eBay. A CD of the Haynes Manual is
available on eBay and a CD of the Official Workshop manual and Parts list is
now or will be availablesoon  at http://www.lbcdigital.com/

The Catalogues from Moss, Victoria British and other suppliers are valuable
to show the proper order of installing parts.

Good luck and keep the questions coming.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com