Re: what grade aluminum

To: "Brian Burke" <wharf-st@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: what grade aluminum
From: <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:33:41 -0600
Thanks, Brian.  Good info.

Boy, I sure wouldn't use a gas torch on aluminum.  Have you had any good
results with this?  I have TIG welded some cracks in my shroud with very
good results and even filled some corroded areas in with TIG and then ground
them down flush with good results.  This was probably at least 10 years ago
and I've had no cracking in or around the welds.

Frank