Re: Leaking Rear Axel

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Leaking Rear Axel
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:29:03 +0100
Ned,
If I were you I would renew both oil seals (and have a close look at the
faces on which the seals are running) now that you have easy access to
the internals. If you really have a leaking oil seal, and it looks very
much so, then you would be greasing your brake linings once you've
fitted the drums again. It would mean your brakes wouldn't  squeak, but
they wouldn't brake either. ........
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432