RE: You all HAVE to see this!!

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: You all HAVE to see this!!
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:41:10 +1100
G'day

The car in question was given the name of Austin-Healey Americana by
Geoff Healey and apart from the headlight treatment was powered by the
normal Austin C-series engine. There was also a DHMC X number but as I
am slaving away at work earning a dollar or two I don't have that with
me. If you think of how the Corvette was looking at the time you can
imagine that the DHMC was wanting to see how the 4 headlights would be.

Thankfully it is not the most attractive of cars and therefore never
went into production. I saw it in Rome in 1975 and it has been for sale
for some time in Italy and recently sold through eBay to a US purchaser.

As far as we know there was no Austin-Healey fitted with a V8 engine
from Rolls-Royce or otherwise. I think you might be confusing it with
the Healey 4000 fitted with the 4-litre L head Rolls-Royce six-cylinder.
There were of course a number of Healeys fitted with V8 engines. The
Rolls powered Healey wasn't killed because of the MGC but because when
Rolls-Royce engineers developed a Twin Cam head for it, the lads at
Jaguar were concerned for their E-type.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia