RE: The purpose of the registry for BJ8s

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The purpose of the registry for BJ8s
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:27:01 -0800
George, the BJ8 registry exists only to be a resource and service for the
worldwide Healey community in general, and to BJ8 owners in particular.
Yes, it collects data, but only by collecting data on as many cars as
possible can it be of value to anyone.  It provides a way to develop
comparisons and statistics that help us learn more about how the cars were
originally manufactured, and how they are configured and distributed around
the world today.  It provides the only central location where the continuous
ownership history of each car can be documented and preserved for the
benefit of future owners of that car.  For some specific owners who have had
occasion to use it, it has been a very valuable resource.  I'm sending you a
list of examples via separate e-mail.

The registry data is of no value unless it can be used for some benefit.
However, personal data of owners is a sensitive issue.  It is not released
indiscriminately, and only when involving common owners of a particular car.
If you are interested in the ownership history of your own car, then I might
be able to help with that.  Tell me what data you are interested in.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA