Re: Waxes, polishing and other rubs

To: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Waxes, polishing and other rubs
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:14:20 -0500
Scott,
I have a lot of show car friends, and they each use something different.
I finally just bit the bullet and bought a big tin of Mother's 100% Carnauba
paste wax. --The car is newly painted, and therefore did not need any
cleaners, compounds etc.  --It goes on with a damp terry washcloth, and a
little bit spreads a long, long way. It leaves only a very slight film or haze
when it dries, and I buff it off with a terry towel. --No chalk, no dust, and
no white spots if the car gets wet. -And it doesn't seem to want to hidein or
build up in crevices, or on rubber parts. Some of that other stuff may look a
tiny bit "wetter" when it's been freshly polished, --but I know my paint has
been "fed", and is well protected.   --I like the stuff very much.
I'll send you a couple of pics in a separate mail.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA