Curses! Coiled Again!

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Curses! Coiled Again!
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:40:20 +1100
G'day

With a builder in and about our home for what seems forever the BN3 has
been enjoying a holiday in the garage of a neighbour. So in the last 12
months we have done a grand total of 97 miles together. Hang my head
with shame.

Yesterday I set forth for a 120mile round trip journey and a fun time
was not had by all. I have my suspicions of what went wrong but I
thought I would ask for further opinions.

As usual we blasted off down the hill in full song (we live in a very
hilly area). We got down the bottom and not long after the engine
reached normal operating temperature it lost all power. It would still
run but putting my right foot down only produced the sound of a
flatulent cow. Stop by the roadside, did a little fettling and away I go
on all 6. A few minutes again the same returneth. The lack of power was
right through the rev range and not just under load.

So this went on for a time when I thought that discretion is the better
part of valour and I turned around and went home. It fart-arsed around
for a time but at least got me to the bottom of the hills (we call them
mountains) and then it was a mixture of slarty fart blast going up with
the occasional blast of full power.

Got home, put the car away and allowed it to sit there considering its
atrocious behaviour. I went out and continued on with my post builder
reconstruction.

Methinks it's probably the coil that's breaking down with the stress of
behaving itself for so long. You would think that a coil should last
longer then 24 years, wouldn't you. Never buy that German rubbish again.

Your collective thoughts please?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia