Re: Waxes

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Waxes
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:26:20 -0500
Hi Gary!
MMM........  Perhaps then the 100% refers to what is left, after the volatiles
have evaporated, after application. I know that if a bit of it dries, --it
becomes that yellow brick-like stuff you describe. Certainly in a literal
sense, what you are saying is true. --But any wax, in its pure form, -if solid
enough to dry and protect the surface, --would need a mobile phase, solvent,
whatever, -to make it able to be applied. One would hope that the wax, in it's
final form, on the car would be quite hard. --That being the point.

I was not endorsing "Mothers" as much as I was endorsing carnauba wax, without
other "beneficial" ingredients. --Cleaners, compounds, etc.  --Seems that
around here, if you just want the wax, --the choices are few. --I was more
endorsing a good high quality ("pure as possible") carnauba wax, as a way to
go. --And this one applies thinly, easily, and without chalking or dust. -I
can't speak for the others, since this tin will probably last my lifetime.

I had thought originally that using a "pure" paste wax would be a pain in the
neck. But frankly, if the surface is good, which it should be, in order to use
the product...  application and buffing are actually easier than with a lot of
the more modern liquids and pastes I have used before.

Dave J.