Re: Waxes

To: smithn00@kitepilot.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waxes
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:08:15 EST
In a message dated 11/21/05 4:14:49 PM, smithn00@kitepilot.net writes:

> I have to admit I have never heard of "claying". I am new to the game so
> there are many things I have never heard of. Could you give a name to the
> series of products you use?

The major finish product manufacturers (esp. Meguiar's and Griot's) have a
product in their line called finish clay. It comes in a jar and looks like
Play-doh. You spread out a piece of it into a palm-sized puck, spray the finish
with a good lubricant/finishing product like "Instant Detailer" and then rub
the
finish with the clay to remove all surface impurities. You do it after washing
and before polishing.
Check out the Meguiar's site for a good primer on surface care.
Cheers
Gary