End of transmission

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: End of transmission
From: "Taylor Maurer" <heavyhiking@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:28:00 -0500
Fellow listers,
Looks like the healey is in for the winter.  Upon taking it out for a short
three mile spin I notice that the Shifter was rattling maddly and unusal
sound from the gearbox.  I drained the oil and a piece of a gear tooth fell
out.  I suppose that this will entail a complete rebiuld of the transmission
and while the engine is already disconnected I might as well get that
rebuilt too.  Question for you guys is, Should I try to by a transmission
out of a parts car or go for a peice by peice replacement from a supplier
like Moss.  I figure the first would be less expensive.  I do not have the
time space or neccessary tools to do this properly.  Any suggestion of any
reputable Healey Mechanics in my area would be great.  I live in Asheville,
NC.  Also does any one have extra transmission parts from a rebiuld?

Thanks,
Taylor
55' BN1