Re: End of transmission

To: Taylor Maurer <heavyhiking@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: End of transmission
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:35:38 +0800
Taylor -

First of all, BN1 gearboxes are fragile.... if you fix your gearbox, I would
still keep looking for another one as a back up anyway... I would always
keep a spare working BN1 box around for when the box you have inevitably
falls apart.

BN1 gearboxes are getting harder and harder to find.  I might suggest doing
alot of searching around, in general you want to find a complete gearbox,
because the factory issued three different sets of gears for the BN1, and if
you mix up any of these gears you will destroy your gearbox.

Another option is to find a gearbox out of an A90 Atlantic and put the whole
gearset in your gearbox... but A90s are so rare in North America, I'd say
your chances of doing this is impossible.

I do have some spare BN1 gearboxes and parts, but I'm sorry to say these are
my backups and .... at this time I'm not willing to part with any of it.  I
guess what I'm trying to say is if you are patient, and look around, you
will find the stuff.... you just have to take your time. Besides... it's
wintertime... I'm sure you will have it running on the road by summer!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8