Re: Tunnel Insulation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tunnel Insulation
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:17:29 -0800
Mark Goodman wrote:

><snip> I also covered the floor with a
>sandwich of that and a meat smoker insulating blanket (fiberglass mat
>covered on both sides with foil) and the floor on the drivers side (left
>side here) is as cool as the seat backs.  <Snip>

I will attest to the effectiveness of a "smoker blanket" from a cost
standpoint in contrast to products such as Dynomat (spl?).  However,
just try finding one of those in Southern California, much less
England.  Not only will you get a "Huh?", they'll probably escort you to
the door.  Some years ago, after experiencing same, and going on the
advice of the late List member, Dick Brill Esq.,  he sent me a couple.
They were enough  to cover the driver's side and the gear box tunnel.
If you have a LHD, that's all you need.

They were about  1/2" thick so they certainly wouldn't satisfy the
Concours Boys!

Trust me, I can now drive my Healey all day long bare foot!  And living
where I do, that happens all the time.

A very happy Turkey Day to everyone!

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA