100-4 originality questions - carpet.

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: 100-4 originality questions - carpet.
From: Fiat500f@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:51:36 EST
Hi again,

Well, working on my friends '54 BN1, we have finally come to install the
carpet.  So, a few questions.  As always, feel free to answer as many as you
like:

1.  Carpet to floor snaps for the two main floor carpet bits.  How many snaps
and their rough
     locations on the floor please.

2.  Is there suppose to be carpet on the vertical surfaces to the left of the
drivers lower leg and
     to the right of the passengers lower leg, (assume USA left hand drive)?
Or are they trimmed panels?

3.  The panel (I don't know its "real" name) that is vertical and in front of
the gearbox main cover, the sort of removable
     firewall panel that the gearbox cover butts up against.  Are there two
different types of this panel?  The piece of
     carpet for this panel in the carpet set we purchased has a half circle
cut out of its base to match the cut out curve
     at the base of this panel, but the curve of the carpet doesn't match the
curve of the panel.

4.  Are the sill carpet pieces glued to the sill, or does something related
to the door seals (which we haven't got to
     yet) secure the sill carpet at the top?

Thanks much.
Paul B.