Re: 100-4 originality questions - carpet.

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>, <Fiat500f@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 100-4 originality questions - carpet.
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:50:24 -0500
Paul,
Strictly speaking on the earlier Hundreds prior to late August 1954 the tar
paper lamination seemed to only be under the seats as per my photo (P1010023)
att'd. Then after that the tarpaper lamination covered basically all the flat
floor areas.
Meanwhile the main gearbox cover was covered as per (20001) att'd photo with
vinyl extending just onto the flat plane of the bottom mounting flange. The
carpet stopped prior to that bottom flange while still on the vertical. Then
the flat snap-in floor carpet (and behind that, the armacord piece) fitted
tightly up against the tunnel as per (20009) photo. Also worth mentioning is
the single ring snap holding the armacord piece under the seat as seen in the
same photo.

For the rest of you who are interested I'm asking Bob Haskell to add these
bits to the picture website.

Yes, that's my mug shot (pretty scary, eh?) on Larry Varley's website covering
the restoration assembly of the first production Hundred, 138031 owned by
Blair Harber.

Rich Chrysler