Hood frame spring, windows

To: Healey webforum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood frame spring, windows
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:27:56 +0100
On photographs of the BJ8 hood frame one can see a rather heavy spring
('Spring-assistance-hood linkage' according to the parts manual) on each
side. One end hooks into the frame , but where is the other end of the
spring attached to?
Last two questions refer to the windows. I  fitted the rear glass
channel, but the window rattles freely inside the metal. Shouldn't
there be a form on lining inside the channels?
Finally: The parts manual shows an L-shaped  'bracket-stop-door glass' .
Can't find these among my bits and pieces, and can't find the place
where these should be fitted either. What is the purpose of the stop? I
do have a rubber stop at the bottom. Does the bracket stop the glass in
the upper position?
Many thanks in advance, as usual!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432