RE: Hood frame spring, windows

To: "'Ph.J.Aeckerlin'" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Subject: RE: Hood frame spring, windows
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:55:34 -0500
I am working in this area now. I hope these answers are right.

On photographs of the BJ8 hood frame one can see a rather heavy spring
('Spring-assistance-hood linkage' according to the parts manual) on each
side. One end hooks into the frame , but where is the other end of the
spring attached to?
The spring disappears into a tube(to keep stuff from being pinched in the
coils?) and then is attached to the car frame near the floor. See attached.

Last two questions refer to the windows. I fitted the rear glass
channel, but the window rattles freely inside the metal. Shouldn't
there be a form on lining inside the channels?
There should be a nylon guide/runner that fits in the rear of the lower
glass channel (see attached). This guide/runner slides in the rear channel
to prevent rattles.

Finally: The parts manual shows an L-shaped  'bracket-stop-door glass' .
Can't find these among my bits and pieces, and can't find the place
where these should be fitted either. What is the purpose of the stop? I
do have a rubber stop at the bottom. Does the bracket stop the glass in
the upper position?
It stops the regulator arm in the down position (see attached).

Ned Smith
BJ8
near Chattanooga, TN
N34.98 W85.5