Was: Another late Friday funny/maybe not so funny (kids)

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was: Another late Friday funny/maybe not so funny (kids)
From: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:52:29 +0100
Our little girl 6 years old, my wife and me are 47/48. Our late decision to
have a child.
So even at the end of our 40s, at Healey meetings we are usually with the
youngest. Sometimes we are feeling to join a group of elderly people, when
we are at a Healey meet. We also own a Morris Minor and meetings of Minor's
are quite different. Most come with their children in the age of our
daughter. It is like playing football (Minor) or golf (Healey). So you can
come to the conclusion a Healey is an Elderly People's car. Young people do
not have the money to afford it, time to restore one  or there are children
and you cannot use the Healey as a family's car.
So for me I have lots of fun to meet other enthusiasts at a Healey meet, but
it is often boring to stay there for my wife and daughter. Sorry, I tell you
my own misery and I also know there seems to be no way out of this. Perhaps
it will be different when we are 10 years older and our little girl is a
teenager and goes her own way. The only way to get out of this should be to
attract young people to have a Sprite and grow up with Healeys. That's what
happened with me some 20 years ago. Or perhaps the way of the Netherlands
Club as Jack Aeckerlin showed. But like to hear other opinions.
Then I read several times that sons or daughters awaiting to get the Healey
from the father. Why are they want to wait and not buy their own ones
immediately?
Sorry, but these are things going around my mind.

Josef Eckert Konigswinter/Germany
65 Sprite, 54 100, 62 3000