Re: Another late friday funny/maybe not so funny (kids)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another late friday funny/maybe not so funny (kids)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:32:28 -0500
I really envy (sometimes) the folks who have children with which to share
their cars/hobby.   --Being single, and late 40s I have often thought it would
be nice to share working on the car with a son or daughter. --That
presupposes, of course, that they would have any interest whatsoever !  --But
it's a nice, romantic idea.
Since none of my relatives either have an interest in antique cars, nor do
they need the money that would come from selling it, --I have wondered from
time to time what I would do with the car, in my will.  I had considered
having it donated to a museum or some such thing, --but never really found a
likely candidate that would keep it, rather than sell it. (I posed the
question to the list once before, and got plenty of offers to take it to solve
the "two children wanting a Healey problem", lol)
...So I still haven't really determined where it will go. --I have however
offered the option to my heirs to give it to a friend of mine who has TR3s.

I don't really worry about the future of our cars, collectively. With constant
rumors of the revival of the nameplate, and the popularity of Miata's Z3s, and
Z4's.... I think there will always be demand for the best looking roadster
ever made.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA