Re: Driving Light Brackets

To: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving Light Brackets
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:08:09 -0500
Reid~

I have fabricated a set of brackets which come off the bumper center bolts,
but have three degrees of freedom (up/down, forward/aft and left/right).
They encase a 5/8" boring to receive Lucas SLR576 posts. I designed them so
the slightly domed base of the 576 sits on top of a 5/8" i.d. grommet, which
is fitted into the stone guard. The vertical adjustment to the bracket
allows the receiving hole on the bracket to be snugged up against the bottom
of the grommet for a perfect, rigid fit.

I am dismantling "Emily" this winter for a paint job, and will be sending
the brackets to Mike Lempert to see if he can cast them for all (no
financial interest for me). These are, modestly aside, better than what is
available, and hopefully they can be cast in brass for corrosion resistance.
I will take some digital photos when I break the car down in a few weeks,
and send them out to you if you'd like, and to anyone else intersted.

Cheers,

Allen Miller.