RE: Wheel Spacers???? Here's what I did....

To: "Blue One Hundred" <healey.nut@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Wheel Spacers???? Here's what I did....
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:06:37 -0600
 Hi Alan, I use KN Minator bolt-on alloy wheels and I put Cadillac
ElDorado disks on the rear of my BT7 so I know what you're up against
with the rear track width.  I needed 2" added to each side to have what
I wanted to see.  This presented a problem since the wheel studs were
way too short so adding spacers was not the answer.  Maybe you don't
need as much addition as I did if you're using wire wheels, but I urge
you to see just how much spacing you can do without running short of
stud threads.  I ended up having a pair of 2" thick "adapters"
fabricated from 6061T6 aluminum alloy and replacing the stock studs with
3" dirt track racer studs.  There's more to the story than these few
short details so feel free to contact me if you wish.  BTW, the bolt
circle diameter is 5.00 inches.  Lotsa Luck!!
Jack