BJ7 speed

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ7 speed
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:28:11 -0500
As long as we're all confessing.....  Just after it's restoration and with
extra wide tires on it (not there anymore) on a track in West Virginia I was
the pace car for a vintage Formula race.  I was probably supposed to go
slowly, but I looked at those things in the rear view mirror, took a death
grip on the steering wheel and did that track as fast as I could.  I only
glanced once at the speedo, but it was bouncing around with 105 or so in the
middle.  I've got square stock welded into the sills so I don't get scuttle
shake, but, like Dave, the front end started to feel a little light and the
S-curves were done at a more reasonable 50 mph or so.  One lap, then off the
track and back to the Healey zone where my wife had to literally pry my hands
off the wheel.  I'll take it up to 90 or so for short spurts on the highway
just because I can, but I like the turns at slower speeds better.

Bill Moyer, BJ7, unmodified performance-wise