Chill

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chill
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:01:06 -0500
Yeah, my Healey is buried in the garage behind a 3 ft wall of frozen snow /
slush that the "plow guy" so brilliantly shoved up against the garage door.
Yeah, it's colder than a top-down drive in February.
Yeah, I'm jonesin' for an 80 deg sunny Healey ride, REAL bad...
Yeah, I forced my way into the garage, sat in the Healey and shifted the
gears, spun the wheel, and made engine and squealing tire noises.......and it
didn't help.
Yeah, Christmas is coming, and for the 15th year in a row, my relatives don't
know a valve cover gasket from a Lempert gear set... --So I'll get socks, or a
tie.
Yeah, I wonder if mice are right now out in my garage, deciding if my new
leather seats look "delicious"
Yeah, I could bite the head off of a live chicken right now.
Yeah, I get e-mail from various sources where my first inclination is to fire
off an invective.
Yeah, I usually find that my first inclination is usually not necessary or not
a good idea. --Since most of these people are friends, or at least share one
of my major interests.

For a Healey addict, --the cold and the snow sucks! -- But at least I know I
have company -people who are finding it equally taxing, and folks I can share
my obsession with, while gritting my teeth, and waiting for the spring thaw.

Grrrrr......