Re: Chill

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chill
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:21:32 -0500
David,
I can certainly sympathize with what you are saying. The older I get the
less I care for cold weather. I don't care to be out there skiing, skating,
or doing any of those other outdoor things. Some Canadian, eh?
.
However, there can be a silver lining in every cloud if we make it so.

A few years ago (in warm weather) I gutted my garage to the bare studs and
properly insulated the walls and ceiling, installed and finished drywall and
a light colour paint, installed lots of new bright lights and circuits, a
good overhead gas furnace, and put in double insulated windows and doors.
Basically I converted the place from a cold dark garage to a warm bright
shop that is a delight to spend time in.

When I'm not in there, I keep the temp. at about 50F so it never gets cold,
and no condensation can creep into things.
Winter now is the ideal time to do the careful, thorough, fiddly, time
consuming projects to make the cars better, without being tempted to rush
through things so I can go for a quick drive. Nothing's going anywhere for a
while with snow and salt everywhere.

Then finally five months from now, the first blast down the road in the warm
spring weather makes it feel like the "first time" all over again. You all
remember how special the "first time" was, don't you? <grin>
Rich Chrysler