Re: Welder

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Welder
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:28:22 -0600
Geez Ned, if you would have bought the welder first we could have all
avoided the controversy on the list, patch v. weld :).

I got a Harbor Freight unit a year or so ago, I think pretty much the same
one, but has the potential for gas conversion.  I could never get the fine
hand movement down for stick welding, wire feed is easier.

Make sure you get a little lighter eye shield for the welding helmet, as the
wire feed will not be as bright as a stick weld and you won't be able to see
very well if you use a shield designed for stick or gas welding.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1