Re: steering question

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: steering question
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:45:38 -0800
Mark,  My steering shaft was still good so I put it back in.  Fortunately for
me it would only fit the steering arm easily in one location so that's how I
installed it.  A no brainer.  I destroyed the original idler shaft removing it
so I put in a new one.  The idler shaft doesn't have to be installed in the
"correct" position because it turns freely, not according to the dictates of
the worm gear on the steering column.  I used the approximate correct length
of the crossrod to set the idler shaft to the idler arm when I set mine up.
Sorry I can't help more on this question.  Richard Bittmann