Re: Muffler

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Muffler
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:20:36 -0800
OK, I will put my 2 cents in here.  I have 4 Healey 3000s.  1) 1960 BT7 w/ a
25 year old Moss muffler:  The best sounding of the bunch.  Very mellow,
rumbles, does not bark.  2) 1961 BN7 MK2 w/ a Falcon Stainless Steel system.
Total restoration, started out too quiet, but w/ 4500 miles on it, is
mellowing in nicely.  3) 1962 BT7 MK2 w/ a new Moss muffler. About 2000
miles on a total restoration.  Way too loud, sounds like a UPS truck.  4)
1961 BN7 MK2, total restoration w/ 50 miles on a new Moss muffler.  Is
sounding pretty good, only time will tell.

"Sounds" like you pays your money, and sees what you get.

John Snyder