restoration sequence

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: restoration sequence
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:45:33 EST
What is the recommended sequence of events for a ground up restoration? I am
particularly interested in knowing in what order major phases of the
restoration occur.
I understand the engine & transmission need to be in place before body panels
& doors are fitted, but how are they protected while the panels are painted.
Does the frame need to be sitting on the suspension or can it be supported
from saw horses located at the suspension pickup points?

I am sure this has been covered many times before, but I was unable to find a
good sequence in the archives.
Thanks,
Gary Hodson