Holy Smoke, what a gooey mess. Need help badly.

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Holy Smoke, what a gooey mess. Need help badly.
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:06:33 -0600
Hi All, Last night I filled the BN7 steering gear box with 80-90 gear
lube and this morning it's all over the frame and shop floor.  The cover
gasket, the steering arm and the trafficator tube are dry.  The leak is
coming from the bottom of the joint between the steering rod tube where
it connects to the cast body.  I've never seen this before...has anyone
else??  Are the tube and the body brazed together or what??  Any
recommendations for a fix??  The front shroud and fenders are off the
car right now so it isn't too troublesome to remove the steering
assembly if I need to.  Thanks to this awesome list.
Jack