Re: Holy Smoke, what a gooey mess. Need help badly.

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Subject: Re: Holy Smoke, what a gooey mess. Need help badly.
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@spyderinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:05:55 -0600
Hey Jack

I know this is a real mess!!!!!

If your not going to rebuild the steering box now why not try Penrite
Steering Lube.  It will do the trick until you do rebuild.  If you use it
after the rebuild you will maintain a clean floor for sure.

Jon
At 10:06 AM 1/5/06, you wrote:
>Hi All, Last night I filled the BN7 steering gear box with 80-90 gear
>lube and this morning it's all over the frame and shop floor.  The cover
>gasket, the steering arm and the trafficator tube are dry.  The leak is
>coming from the bottom of the joint between the steering rod tube where
>it connects to the cast body.  I've never seen this before...has anyone
>else??  Are the tube and the body brazed together or what??  Any
>recommendations for a fix??  The front shroud and fenders are off the
>car right now so it isn't too troublesome to remove the steering
>assembly if I need to.  Thanks to this awesome list.
>Jack

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR 1222
Tyler, Tx.  75709
Ph: 903-561-4858
Fax: 903-561-7177
Email: jfm@spyderinternet.com
www.classicautolubes.com

--
Spydernet has scanned this message for viruses and
dangerous content.