marque choice

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: marque choice
From: "Rory Janes" <outfitter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:07:36 -0800
I had the 900 dollar, needs work but can't wait to have it, primer Healey
picked out when my Dad said we had better
take another look, just in case. That led us to a Volkswagen
dealership in San Mateo - a new family had just traded in the bright red 1964
bj8 for more practical transportation. Dad
loaned me the extra $850, and I had my first car. That was
1969, and we are still together 37 years later. The first years
were a little rough on the car, college at UCSB, and later
Berkeley, but eventually I came to realize the true value of
my friend. Over the years the car has been well cared for,
and restored in stages - but the 1970-71 UCSB parking pass is still in tact on
the front and rear bumper.

Rory Janes