Re: BJ8 coughs and spits

To: jtrifari@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BJ8 coughs and spits
From: STEV0001@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:49:20 EST
John:

    Just this week I had Mike at John Bull Automotive  over to work on my car
for that exact same reason.  As you probably know,  he's been working on
these cars for decades.  Mike made a few adjustments  but the one thing he told
me
that really stuck in my mind (and works) is...do  NOT push the accelerator at
all when first starting the car.  Just pull the  choke and turn the key.  But
pushing the accelerator actually can make the  car NOT start, which is the
problem I was having.  Now it fires right up  but still needs to warm up or I
get the backfiring through the carbs.   Seems to only happen in winter - cold
times.  Funny considering the car's  country of origin.

Steve  G.
Benicia, CA

BJ8 # 43007
1974 TR - 6