Re: BJ8 coughs and spits

To: John Trifari <jtrifari@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 coughs and spits
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:42:19 +0800
John -

Try tightening the carb manifold nuts.  If they are loose you will have air
leaking where you don't want it.  Also with all the coughing, you may want
to check the casting plug located on the back of the intake manifold
(located facing the firewall).  If this popped partially out (which it will
do when the car coughs or prefires), then it will give you the symptoms you
describe.

If you can't figure it out give Mike formerly of John Bull Auto a call and
he will come over and figure it out for you.  His number used to be 650 937
2671 and he lives in Walnut Creek.  No one knows british cars better than
him in the entire bay area, trust me, and his hourly prices are cheap.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8