Re: Penrite Steering lube Questions

To: Bugtop <bugtop@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Penrite Steering lube Questions
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@spyderinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:15:36 -0600
Hello Mark

Penrite Steering Lube should do the trick.  The Lube is a semi-fluid grease
with additives to keep it from seeking avenues of escape.  The bottle has a
tube that can be extended so putting it in the box is relatively
easy.  Warming in a pan of hot water will help it to flow.  Any residual
oil will be pushed out by the thicker lube.  Just fill as normal.

Please send you mailing address and I will get a bottle out in the
mail.  When I have your address I will be able to let you know the amount
of shipping.  Which I will send you in an email with a total.  I don't take
credit cards but your personal check or money order is fine.  The Steering
Lube is $10.95 per bottle.

Just as an aside, even though synthetics are the correct viscosity they
tend to be thinner in body and will leak by some gaskets and seals as
apposed to real oil which feels thicker and probably would not.

I will include a brochure packet with a Penrite Lubrication Recommendation
Sheet for Healeys.

Thanks for the inquiry.
Have a great day and God Bless.
Jon
At 12:26 AM 1/12/06, you wrote:
>Folks, my steering box leaked all my nice 90wt. Redline gear oil over
>my newly painted and redone suspension.  Since there is no way in
>hell I'm pulling the box, I thought I'd try the Penrite steering
>lube.  Are there any tricks to using this?  Does it squirt in?  Does
>it settle out?  I've heard it helps to warm it up.  Do you fill up
>the box as normal?  Do I have to make sure all my 90wt. gear oil is
>out of the box?  Thanks for any tips.
>
>Mark Buggy
>'67 BJ8

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR 1222
Tyler, Tx.  75709
Ph: 903-561-4858
Fax: 903-561-7177
Email: jfm@spyderinternet.com
www.classicautolubes.com

--
Spydernet has scanned this message for viruses and
dangerous content.