RE: Penrite Steering lube Questions

To: "Bugtop" <bugtop@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Penrite Steering lube Questions
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:50:45 +1100
 G'day Mark

Before I go on I should say that I exclusively use Penrite products in
all my cars. While they are an Australian company I honestly believe
that their products are perfect for our vehicles.

I use Penrite Steering Lube and it works very well indeed. However it
was an absolute PAIN IN THE BUM to get into the steering box. It has the
viscosity of wet cement on a cold night.

To encourage it to flow I heated it over a kerosene/paraffin (depending
on what part of the world you're in) and then with some difficulty
shoved it into a grease gun. It was then quite co-operative and raised
no objection to entering into its new life in the BN3's steering box.

My final thoughts on the stuff? Go for it but it will test your
ingenuity. IT DOES NOT LEAK!

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia