Positive to Negative Ground Conversion

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Positive to Negative Ground Conversion
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:53:15 EST
I know this has been covered but beg the lists indulgence.  I am about ready
to fire up the 56 BN 2 LeMan after a long period of modification.  I currently
have the original generator but I believe the car is positive ground and the
new distributor is for negative ground only.  Besides reversing the battery
terminal hook ups what else is required to make the change?  Someone mentioned
the need to polarizing the regulator as well as the generator and reversing the
wires on the Amp gauge and gas gauge.  What all is really required and in
what order should one do these things?  What wire goes where?  Looking for a
little help here so I don't ruin a high dollar Mallory Unilite distributor and
coil.  Not to mention the rest of the wiring!!

Many thanks,

Gary