How we pick our Marque

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: How we pick our Marque
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:23:31 -0500
I had just graduated from Georgia Tech in 1969 and drove my 1960 VW Bug (My
first Car) from Atlanta to Martinsville VA to begin my career.  After I was
there about 2 months, an engineer I was working with had a problem that he
needed help with.  He and his wife just had a new baby and were somewhat
cramped in their BJ8.  His wife gave him an ultimatum that either it was her
and the baby or the Healey.  I was more than happy to assist him with his
problem, so we worked out that I would pay $1500 for the car.  Being a
single man, it was just what I needed.  When I drove it home for the first
time to the house that I was renting, I went into the driveway and heard a
bad noise.  When I got out of the car, I saw that I had just pulled off the
exhaust system from the header down pipes all the way back.  The next day I
had a pair of "glass pack" mufflers with pipes that went directly out the
back without resonators installed. I have enjoyed the same car since then.
It is always interesting to hear people say that they had a Healey back then
and wish they had one now.  Images of the car are located at:
www.markshealeyworld.funtigo.com

Mark Goodman