Drain hole(s) in wings

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drain hole(s) in wings
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:59:43 -0000
Dear experts,

Let's agree that a wing is a fender is a wing is a fender..

So, I've been playing around with my brakes & hubs, fore and aft, and found
that I had space and time to clean out the wheel arch areas prior to
squirting Waxoyl in and around the area and I've been reading one of my
"bibles" , namely Norman Nock's "Tech Talk", which emphasizes the importance
of keeping these areas clean.

The main rust traps relevant here are inside the wings, behind the front
wheels. I cleaned mine out- they were clean and dry anyhow - and squirted
Waxoyl around.

BUT,

1)       the LHS wing had a drain hole and the RHS one did not. (It's all
good original metal, no filler, no rust). Any comments??

2)       should I drill a hole and file out to the normal approx 5/8th inch?
Or, should I leave it on the basis that the car hardly ever, if ever at all,
goes out in the wet and thus it's better to leave as is?

Simon.