BN7 front springs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BN7 front springs
From: "rkangyal@juno.com" <rkangyal@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:27:16 GMT
Hello all:

While studying the various restoration guides and parts catalogs, I notice
that there was a production change (beginning with Chassis# 10329 for BN7)
involving "revised rates on front coil springs".  Both early and later springs
are apparently still available.
My car is earlier than that, which I obtained as a non-running basket case.

Is anyone familiar with the details of this specific change?  Did the change
involve going to higher rate (stronger) springs?  Do the later springs result
in slightly higher ground clearance at the front?  Would this be a desirable
upgrade for an earlier car?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Bob Angyal
BN7 #6670