RE: Value insanity?

To: "Editorgary@aol.com" <Editorgary@aol.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Value insanity?
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:18:23 -0500
I have a very good condition 1966 XKE conv. and a 65 BJ8, also very good
condition.  I'm beginning to wonder if the Healey shouldn't be insured for
more than the E!!.  With these values it is getting to be tougher and
tougher to hang on to these cars--but, OTOH, what would I do with that
money to match the pure pleasure I get from them?

tom

Speed folks as
> "a good amateur restoration." Other than being a MkII, the only notable
thing
> about this Healey was that the family had done the restoration as a
charity
> endeavor, and were donating all the proceeds to a charity they support.
>
> When an average resto of an average model sells for $70,000 and the heavy
> hitters haven't even arrived yet, what will be happening to the really
good
> prime-time Healeys. Reid's forecast that we'll see the first $100,000
Healey seems
> like an easy mark. It could even mean that Healeys this year match or
surpass
> Jaguars.
>
> Scary stuff. I'm definitely calling Hagerty tomorrow and increasing the
> agreed-value on my BN7. Not that it means all the Healeys are gone; Mark
Hyman sold