Re: Problems with a Smitty BN1 installation

To: dcrawfor@san.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Problems with a Smitty BN1 installation
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:06:34 EST
In a message dated 1/18/2006 9:56:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dcrawfor@san.rr.com writes:
However, Smitty's instructions show a diaphram type clutch pressure plate.
Is that what one should use?  What part numnber?  Will it fit a BN1?
David--

I did the conversion while at Smitty's shop (emergency basis), reused the BN1
clutch with no problems and drove the car back to Maryland.  I later put in a
BJ8 diaphragm clutch which is much smoother and lighter but I am sure it was
not a requirement.

Have you talked with Pete Delaney, the fellow who took over Smitty's
operation?  He is either in Rock Hill, SC or Charlotte, NC and I am sure he
could be
of assistance.  Also Alan Hendrix of HWW has done a number of the conversions
and is always willing to help.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans