Re: Problems with a Smitty BN1 installation

To: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Problems with a Smitty BN1 installation
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:50:05 -0700
Hi Tracy,

You may very well be on to the problem.
A thin disc would allow the pressure plate release fingers to set
higher, closer to the throw out bearing. A thicker disc would cause the
fingers to sit lower,  be farther away from the throw out bearing.  Of
course the pressure plate itself could be built with the release fingers
too far back for this particular combination. The disc being too thin is
most likely.  If it is too thick, there will not be complete clutch release.

The pressure plate thickness, finger height, the throw out bearing
thickness, & the clutch disc thickness must be all matched to the
available bell housing depth.

Regards,
Dave Russell