Re: [Fwd: Re: high engine oil pressure/oil sump gasket]

To: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: high engine oil pressure/oil sump gasket]
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:57:30 +0000
I have just remembered that you can see this on the pull out page S/3 of
the Austin-Healey 100 Service Manual. This shows the pressure relief
valve with the main flow and 'overflow' in green. However it also shows
a further 'drain' hole behind the valve. It is this hole that I believe
the Service Journal is referring to. I have a gasket in front of me and
this has the 'scalloping' I referred to earlier in a position that would
allow a way through to the sump. Presumably if oil pressure is allowed
to build up behind the relief valve it would not readily open thus
creating a high oil pressure problem.

All the best

--
John Harper