Re: "Performance Siping" Your Tires

To: Len and/or Marge <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: "Performance Siping" Your Tires
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:46:43 -0700
Hi Len,
Siping may have some benefit on ice. For normal driving it would reduce
tread support  & grip. In the case where a road tire needs more dry
traction in competition, they are often shaved to a lesser tread depth
to reduce tread flexing. Siping would increase flexing. Of course the
ultimate for dry traction would be a slick.

Regards,
Dave Russell