Re: Fuses

To: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: Re: Fuses
From: "Mark Endicott" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:52:19 -0600
Ben,

One that you need for sure is in the license plate lamp circuit.  A small
fender bender can smoke your car, don't ask.  I put one where the wire
enters the body and tucked it behind the armacord.  Headlights are not a
good idea, don't want them to go out on the road.  Coil is generally not
fused either, fuel pump is ok, the OD can draw 20 + amps when it engages,
wipers and heater would be ok, I never found that they were worth turning on
though.

Mark
Nashville

Listers,

What fuses should be added to the BN1 to make it less of a fire hazard?
Possible additions include fuses for the wipers, coil primary circuit,
flasher
for signal lights, dash lights, running lights, high beam head lights, low
beam head lights, fuel pump, heater, brake lights, overdrive solenoids and
others.

 Ben