Re: Fuses

To: Ben Prince <blprince2@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Fuses
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:50:56 -0600
Ben Prince wrote:

>Listers,
>
>What fuses should be added to the BN1 to make it less of a fire hazard?
>Possible additions include fuses for the wipers, coil primary circuit, flasher
>for signal lights, dash lights, running lights, high beam head lights, low
>beam head lights, fuel pump, heater, brake lights, overdrive solenoids and
>others.
>
> It looks like a supplemental fuse box should be added, although in-line fuses
>will work if their locations are documented.  What does the list suggest?

If you are interested in the safest possible protection, the
supplemental fuse box would be the answer. I added one fuse to protect
against a short in rear license plate light wiring and one circuit
breaker in the OD solenoid wiring. I am seriously thinking about
protecting the wiring that exits the steering tube. Other than that I am
wondering if its needed?

Alan Schultz
HBJ8.