Re: spark

To: Richard Bittmann <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Subject: Re: spark
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:07:55 +0800
Richard -

The black and white wire that goes from the coil to the battery cut off
switch is meant to ground the coil/ignition when the battery switch is in
the off position.

Many times when the battery cut off switch has failed, will ground the black
and white wire even if the cut-off switch is in the "on" position.  This is
what is causing your problem I bet.

Disconnect the B/W from the battery cut off switch, isolate the bare end of
the wire with some electrical tape, and your car should run fine.  You don't
need to run a jumper between the coil & disty.

I would highly recommend replacing your battery cut off switch, it is worn
out!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8