RE: Steering Wheel centering

To: "'Roland Wilhelmy'" <rwil@sbcglobal.net>, "'PG'"
Subject: RE: Steering Wheel centering
From: "Alan" <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:15:40 +0100
Guys.
You are, of course, entirely correct - but only for those wheels with spokes
at 120deg. Intervals.
Outspoken opinion follows - switch off if easily offended.
I believe that the 120deg spokes are the only acceptable configuration for
an AH.  Many times I have seen woodrim wheels fitted that have the more
common 'T' configuration of the spokes ( E Type style), with the horizontal
pair having a spread of about 170degs.  In an AH they look plain WRONG to my
eyes I'm afraid, and to fit one of those with the vertical spoke upward
would be faintly ludicrous.
To see top class woodrim wheels for Healeys, check out the work of Mike 'the
maestro' Lempert at
http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/customer
The Black Walnut BJ8 is mine.
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk