Camber

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camber
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:34:53 -0500
After scratching my head and guessing that the outside wear on my front tires
was due to incorrect toe-in I recently bought new tires and rather than wear
these out wanted to fix the problem.

It turns out, based upon my level, that I have some pretty significant
positive camber on the fronts, i.e. the top of the fronts stick out maybe an
inch to 1.5" more than the bottoms.

Is this a common problem with older Healeys? the front suspension is recently
rebuilt, nothing seems bent and there is no sign of accident damage.

My first thought was to fix with offset bushes, I asked Dennis Welch about how
many degrees they could correct for with their offset bushes and just got a
nebulous answer.  By eyeballing I don't think there would be enough adjustment
in their bushings to fix my problem.

Any thought on a fix short of re-engineering the front suspension?

Greg Lemon
54 BN1